Climbing Lions Head

When you hear about hiking in Cape Town you will instantly think of Table Mountain, but the lesser unknown Lions Head is an essential must for all thrill seekers. Lions Head is one that will definitely test your calf muscles. As you continue winding your way up climbing Lions Head the trail will start to narrow out. It then becomes a single path with an aggressive drop on the left. From hear you will have points where you will have to climb ladders to reach the next part of the climb. This can be and easy and enjoyable climb but be careful not to do it on a piping hot day as this could prove to be a hard work. Lions Head is a sight. With its alluring position high above Cape Town it offers spectacular views of both Table Mountain as well as Camps bay and the city itself. The two-hour climb is enjoyable with Table Mountain watching over every step and great views of the city and the ocean. Table Mountain The best time to climb Lions head is at Sunset. Enjoy sundowners as the sun sets over Cape Town and Table Mountain or you can do a full moon hike and get great views from the top as Cape Town lights sparkle in the night. climbing Lions Head is undeniably awesome. Definitely lives up to the hype but be warned it is not as easy going as you will be leading to believe.

Overlooking Camps Bay

Looking down on Cape Town

One thought on “Climbing Lions Head

1. May 1, 2018 at 2:57 pm

Wow those are spectacular views. If you do it at sundown is the descent dangerous?

Liked by 1 person

2. May 14, 2018 at 5:29 pm

Wow, hope I can visit Cape Town one day. Those views are breathtaking. And by the way, thanks for the visit and like. Appreciate it. Post more. I am so eager to read from your blog. Following you!

• May 17, 2018 at 8:09 pm

I would love to post more regularly but work is stopping me at the minute.

3. August 9, 2018 at 6:58 am

It’s already in the list after reading your post. Thanks. Have you been in Japan? There is Red Fox Shrine in Kyoto, hard to reach the top. I gave up 😣😭

Liked by 1 person

• August 9, 2018 at 11:43 am

No not yet been but its on my list of must do’s. Will give it a go when I visit. I felt like giving up with Lions Head but it was so worth it when I got to the top.

Liked by 1 person

4. September 5, 2018 at 5:04 am

This is totally on my list!! It looks beautiful!

Liked by 1 person

• September 5, 2018 at 7:02 am

You will love it. Well worth the hike just for the views you get at the top.